Holiday Card Photo Contest
San Miguel Power needs your artwork for our 2016 Holiday Card! We're holding a photo contest for students in grades six, seven and eight who attend school within San Miguel Power's service territory. We'll choose three winners. The first place winner will receive a $50 bill, and their artwork will be used on SMPA's 2016 Holiday E-card. Second place will receive $35, and third place will receive $20. All submissions will be featured on our website or Facebook page.
- Original Photographs (Photos showing children under 18 must be accompanied with photo release on the Entry Form) are acceptable.
- Contest Deadline: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- For students in grades 6, 7 and 8
Three winners chosen from all applicants
- First Place receives $50 bill and artwork is used on SMPA's Holiday E-card
- Second place receives $35 and third place $20
- Child must attend school within SMPA's service territory
- Entries must be submitted with official entry form
Mail Artwork to:
San Miguel Power
Holiday Card Contest
Attn: Alex Shelley
P.O. Box 1150
Ridgway, CO 81432
or drop it off at an SMPA office.
Contest Theme: How does your family use electricity during the Holidays?
This contest asks students to show how their families use electricity during the Holidays. To help kids interpret the theme, ask them what traditions they might have around the holidays, what they look forward to most, or if they have special memories of past holidays. Then help them understand that electricity is involved in almost everything we do, so the possibilities for their drawings are endless.
Teachers and Parents:
This is a great opportunity to teach your young adults about the importance of electricity. Have a discussion with them about where electricity comes from and what in your home uses electricity. Have them identify things you do during the holidays that require electricity. Even better, have them identify ways you can use electricity more efficiently - even during the holidays.
Download the official Holiday Card Coloring Contest Entry Form