Cooperation Among Cooperatives - It's one of the core principles that bind us together. During times of trouble, we often see remarkable efforts and achievements being driven by the best of human nature. Learn why working at a non-profit cooperative is unlike any other type of job.
San Miguel Power Association, Inc. is a non-profit, locally-controlled rural electric cooperative with business offices in Nucla and Ridgway, Colorado. SMPA serves approximately 9,600 members and 14,000 meters and supports local communities.
Founded in 1938, SMPA takes a progressive approach to service and technology and has a forward-thinking philosophy on power supply and other trends of the industry. It is the Mission of SMPA to demonstrate corporate responsibility and community service while providing our members with safe, reliable, cost effective and environmentally responsible electrical service.
SMPA has a corporate
culture of safety.
We achieve this through:
- Strong communications
- Teamwork, and a willingness to speak up when necessary
- Participation, and direct involvement in our safety programs
SMPA offers our employees competitive compensation and benefits programs, career growth opportunities, and a positive work environment.
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with company match
- 4-10 flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation, holiday, and personal leave
- Training and growth opportunities
- Health and wellness equipment on-site and available to use
- Employee events
Why Work at an
- Local, community-focused Organization
- Dynamic Industry - Every Day is Different
- Opportunities to Train & Learn
- Competitive Wages & Excellent Benefits
- Empower Lives Daily with your Work
We are guided by the
Seven Cooperative Principles.
Our beautiful service territory located on the Western Slope of Colorado, includes all or parts of seven counties. San Miguel Power’s corporate office is located in Nucla, Colorado with office locations in Ridgway, Telluride, and Silverton.
The Western Slope of Colorado offers welcoming, community-minded towns situated in some of the most majestic mountain views in the state. We support learning, creativity and culture. We share a deep connection to the outdoors. We are committed to being economically sustainable and ecologically responsible.