If you are planning to attend the Annual Meeting in person, you will register for the meeting at the door.
Please use the above link only if attending via Zoom.
About our Annual Meeting
San Miguel Power's Annual Meeting of Members has always been an opportunity for cooperative members to gather and review the association's activities over the previous year. Members can pose questions and learn about the co-op's goals for the future.
The 2023 Annual Meeting
For the first time in three years, San Miguel Power Association will hold its Annual Meeting in person.
The 84th Annual Meeting of the Members of San Miguel Power Association, Inc. (SMPA) will be held in person and online on Thursday, June 8th, 2023 at the SMPA Ridgway Office (720 N. Railroad St.). Food will be served at 4:30 p.m. The business meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m.
This meeting will be held for the following purposes:
- The announcement of the elected director to the Board of Directors for District #2 (Parts of San Miguel and Ouray Counties including most of the town of Telluride.).
- The reports of Officers, Directors & Committees.
- Any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
Check Out the Annual Meeting Prizes!
At various times throughout the Annual Meeting, we’ll give out prizes. To be eligible to win a prize, participants must be an active SMPA member, registered for the meeting and in attendance in person or in the Zoom Session.
The Time to Shine Outdoor Party Pack
This Grand Prize includes:
- IceCove 60QT Solar Cooler
- Cuisinart 2-in-1 Outdoor Electric Grill
- Alpine Corp. Waterproof Bluetooth Solar-powered Wireless Rock Speaker
- Brightech Solar-Powered Outdoor Shatterproof String Lights
- Multi-colored Party Lamp
Other prizes include:
- Electric Lawnmower
- DeWalt Heavy Duty Walkie-Talkies
- Google Nest - Learning Thermostat
- OwnZone Wireless TV Headphones
- Ryobi One 13" Cordless String Trimmer/Edger Kit
- Ryobi 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- Lenovo Smart Clock Essential
Board Candidate Announced:
This year, the Board seat up for election was for parts of San Miguel and Ouray Counties including most of the town of Telluride.
The incumbent director, Kevin Cooney is running unopposed. He will be deemed re-elected per SMPA bylaws. No ballots will be sent to voters this year.
Annual Meeting & Outreach Archive
The 2022 Annual Meeting
The 2022 SMPA Annual Meeting was held on June 9th as an online virtual conference. The meeting featured:
• Scholarship Announcements
• Board President’s Report
• CEO/General Manager’s Report
• Informative Custom videos
• Board Secretary / Treasurer’s Report
• Interactive Question and Answer Period
The meeting was attended by over 100 participants. Thanks to the Board and Staff for helping to build this online experience.
View the Meeting Highlights
The 2021 Annual Outreach
An in-person Annual Meeting was not held in 2021. Like the previous year, a special edition of the Annual Report was published along with video content to help ensure that members were given financial and operational updates.
See this video content on the 2021 Annual Outreach YouTube Playlist.
The 2020 Annual Meeting was Cancelled Due to COVID-19
San Miguel Power's 2020 Annual Meeting was canceled for the health and safety of our members and employees during the local outbreak of COVID-19. A special edition of the Annual Report was published to help ensure that members were given financial and operational updates.
The last in-person Annual Meeting was held in Ridgway on June 6, 2019. Read about it in the July 2019 Energywise newsletter.